Skillful Planning For Your Health Care And Financial Future
Not everyone enjoys thinking about getting older and the decline and uncertainty that often comes with that. But planning is most often the best thing you can do for yourself and your family. Planning takes the guesswork and uncertainty out of what will happen. the staff at Warren Legal Services, PLLC can help.
An attorney with extensive experience in many types of law over three decades, Carol Warren had the opportunity to see how making decisions in one area of your life can affect other areas. Our legal counsel provides this perspective.
The Tools For Effective Planning
Everyone can benefit from creating a will, assigning a health care proxy and designating a power of attorney. Some people may have assets that require other tools. We can also help you if you are caring for an elder loved one and need to pursue guardianship. Probate, the process an estate that is not held in a trust goes through, can be a complex process.
Estate planning is a good idea after any major changes in your life, including getting married, having a child or getting divorced.
We assist individuals and families with this process. Here is a brief list of the services we offer:
- Last will and testament creation and filing. You will be given copies, and a copy will be kept at the firm in secure files.
- Transfer on death deeds (TOD). After the death of an account owner, a TOD allows the designated beneficiaries to receive the asset outside of the probate process.
- Power of attorney assigning. A person is assigned to take care of your finances should you become incapacitated.
- Health care proxy assigning. A person is assigned to make health care decisions for you should you become unable to make those decisions yourself. We can also discuss and document your wishes. A copy of this will be sent to your doctor or health care provider.
- Guardianship. Your elderly parent or relative may become unable to make decisions for themselves. At this point, they will need someone to step in and take over. We can guide you through this process and offer advice as to how best to protect, preserve and maintain your ward’s estate. Guardianship is handled through the Texas probate court.
Estate planning topics are difficult things to think about. But they do warrant careful consideration. If you plan well now, it relieves your grieving loved ones of the responsibility of having to guess as to what you would have wanted. It can be traumatic for family members not to know what to do. A plan gives them the direction they need to be confident that they’ve made the right choice.
The Personalized Planning Guidance You Need
Warren Legal is accessible and we offer reasonably priced planning services at Warren Legal Services, PLLC. Call the firm at 972-474-8027 about what you need or reach us through this website contact email.